Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!)

+5
Fred
bob8972
CapnMatt
silksofsweden
Mr. PBJ
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!) Empty Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!)

Post by Mr. PBJ Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 am

Hey! PBJ here! As you probably heard from Bob8972 here, all of the ranks, yes, all are being rebooted.

The reason for this is because there are quite a few ranks whose titles sound more 'important' than a lot of the titles that come after it. There are also a lot of weird, unnecessary rank names that are a blatant product of lack of ideas (Ultra Hero? Really, James?) so I have come up with a ranks list of my own. I have also changed up the characters. You guys can post whether or not you like my ideas, and post your own, and cross your fingers so they make it as ranks.

Vote Among These and only these. You may vote for as many characters as you want.

Donkey Kong
Luigi
Marcus Phoenix
Peach
Ike
Kirby
Bowser
Wario
Navi
Luma
Toad
Yoshi
Midna
Fox McCloud
Goomba
Pichu
Rayquaza
Magikarp
Arceus
Olimar
Tabuu
Samus
Crash Bandicoot
Nathan Drake
Cole MacGrath (Infamous 1 Style)
Cole MacGrath (Infamous 2 Style)
Ezio Auditore De Firenze
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy Style)
Cloud Strife (Kingdom Hearts Style)
Solid Snake (SSBB)
Solid Snake (MGS4)
Kratos
Sly Cooper
Spyro
Ratchet
Master Chief
Grunt (Halo)
Sam Fisher
Alan Wake
Max Payne
King Of All Cosmos
Big Daddy
Frank West
Louis (L4D)
Coach (L4D2)
Gordon Freeman
Spy (TF2)
Sonic
Tails
Tails Doll
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Red Pikmin
Bulbasaur
Diddy Kong
Glalie
Prince Peasley
Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright Era)
Phoenix Wright (Apollo Justice Era)
Toadsworth
Polari (Mario Galaxy)
Paper Mario
King Goomba
Bowser
King Boo (Luigi's Mansion)
King Boo (Post-Luigi's Mansion)
Reznov (COD: WaW)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Combat)
Pac man
John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

Also, Staff Ranks:

I'm posting it here because the staff forum is dead, if you're not a Staff Member and vote on this, your vote will not count.

• Graphic Designer - Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
  • Moderator - Mario (Mario Series)
  • Co-Admin - Master Hand (Smash Brothers Series)
  • Admin - Tabuu (Smash Brothers Series)

Last edited by Mr. PBJ on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Job/Hobbies : PS3, My Laptop, My DS
Mood : Happy
Name : Daniel L.
Country : Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!) Flag_u12
Game codes : PSN: Peanut_94

Back to top Go down

Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!) Empty Re: Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!)

Post by silksofsweden Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:35 am

sounds good. very good
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male
Job/Hobbies : collage
Mood : Music
Name : david moradi
Other Site : http://www.naruto-arena.com/profile/ice9/
Country : Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!) Flag_s19
Game codes : 2622-9874-2387

https://www.youtube.com/user/silks7?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!) Empty Re: Ranks Reboot (Poll Added!!! Read first post!)

Post by CapnMatt Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:03 am

I think you should change Tabuu to someone else
CapnMatt
CapnMatt
Mega Gamer
Mega Gamer

Male
Job/Hobbies : Hang out with friends and play sports and bike riding
Mood : Thinking
Name : Matt

Other Site : https://www.youtube.com/user/CapnMatt303
Game codes : Gamertag- CapnMatt303
Soon to be PSN- CapnMateusz or CapnMatt303

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm

what for? tabuu is perfect for bob
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Mr. PBJ wrote:Ranks
  • Lurker - Tails Doll - (Sonic Series) - 0 Posts
  • Newcomer - Red Pikmin (Pikmin Series) - 1-5 Posts
  • Rising - Bulbasaur (Pokemon Series) - 6-19 Posts
  • Active - Young Link (Zelda Series) - 20-49 Posts
  • Contributor - Tails (Sonic Series) - 50-74 Posts
  • Regular - Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Series) - 75-84 Posts
  • Popular - Prince Peasley (Mario Series) - 85-99 Posts
  • Famous - Nathan Drake (Uncharted Series) - 100-119 Posts
  • Idol - Cole McGarath (Infamous) - 120-149 Posts
  • Amazing - Ezio Auditore De Firenze (Assasin's Creed II) - 150-249 Posts
  • Loyal - Luigi (Mario Series) - 250-299 Posts
  • Epic - Master Chief (Halo Seires) 300-310 Posts (Get the inside joke? No? Hint: Master Chief is a Spartan)
  • Pseudo-Legendary - Dragonite (Pokemon Series) - 311-349 Posts
  • Legendary - Rayquaza (Pokemon Series) - 350-449 Posts
  • Fabled - Link (Zelda Series) - 450-499 Posts
  • Deity - Arceus (Pokemon Series) - 500+ Posts?

• Graphic Designer - Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
  • Moderator - Mario (Mario Series)
  • Co-Admin - Master Hand (Smash Brothers Series)
  • Admin - Tabuu (Smash Brothers Series)

First off, Tails Doll wtf? Just do regular Tails haha, but no Luma Sad. Oh and I don't know who Nathan Drake, or Cole are but they sound like people to be in a higher rank, same for Ezio. Oh and some of the titles would be rearranged. Like Contributor for 50 posts? Haha that sounds more like a Graphic Designer's or Elite Member's status. Master Chief isn't 300 posts worthy... Same for the rest of those you listed. I mean pretty much, every single one you added is one's that are more made for the higher ranks. I mean the higher you get, you should be getting better characters and rank titles. I mean does making 30 posts and getting Link, and making 10,000 posts and getting a Goomba make sense? But why can't we use Beginner? A True Poster could be higher than 1000 posts, because it is "A True Poster" and just "Pro" after...doesn't go together. King could be higher. Plus what's up with the lower posts counts? I'm not changing the required number of posts for anything, that will be the same as now. Why? Well that's like 8 ranks for 100 posts. We don't need that many. Plus if you don't know, there's a limit for how many ranks you have, i'm serious. The limit is 125 ranks I think, and we save space for the people in the future who want a custom rank. But I don't think we need these titles: Kool (You can just put Cool instead), Ultra Mega Gamer, Super Ultra Mega Gamer, Uber Kool (Uber Cool and maybe lower rank, not sure yet), Mega Hero, Ultra Hero, Legendary Hero (Take Hero out for that one). I do like you ideas though, we can use those characters and titles, but we need to make them HIGHER ranked, not under 500 posts. More over 3000+ posts or something. Also, you think half of the ranks can be PS3 games (Assassin's Creed II is also an Xbox 360 game) what about Xbox 360? Sega? Most people on this forum are Nintendo fans. I think maybe 20% Xbox, 20% PS3, 15% Sega, 50% Nintendo, and 5% Other. Right now like 80% of the ranks are Nintendo, so we need to put more from each gaming company. But that is a good list.

Now as for the Staff Ranks. Sackboy can work, but we need to make Sonic a regular rank because he is a very important video game character, he can go with the 15% for Sega. Mario, good choice. But I got rid of the Co-Administrator rank recently, you want me to add it again? There is no need for it. Administrator and Co-Administrator are pretty much the same thing. But now, I don't know if we should use Tabuu or Master Hand? Master Hand would make since because Administrators are the masters of the forum and control every thing from the forum itself to the users. But we should still have Tabuu for something, maybe one of the very last ranks. By the way, I don't know if you remember this, but I made a Test Bot account a long time ago, I use it for test, and any staff member can use it if you ask for the password. But the rank for that is "Staff". It doesn't have any Moderator powers on it because it is suppose to make you feel like a regular member and to see in their point of view. When I made the Special Forums, I used the Test Bot account the see if the forums would be visible or not, I also used it many other times too. But its rank is set to "Staff". Just saying, you think we need to make another Staff rank, or just put its rank as Moderator, without moderating powers. What do you think? It's not a big deal but I don't know what I should do for that account.

That is my thoughts on it.

~bob
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : Bagger at a shitty grocery store
Mood : Fearless
Name : James
Game codes : XBL Gamertag- FINALLYsomebody
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/someguywithnipples

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 pm

I like how you drastically cut down the number of ranks, it makes things A LOT simpler. If bob doesn't like the names maybe he can at least use the idea of reducing the the total number.
Fred
Fred
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Fred wrote:I like how you drastically cut down the number of ranks, it makes things A LOT simpler. If bob doesn't like the names maybe he can at least use the idea of reducing the the total number.
Did you not read my post about not ever cutting down the number of posts for the ranks, and the limit for ranks?
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PBJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:29 am

The ranks are not done yet. They need refining. And Nathan Drake=Protagonist from Uncharted and Cole McGarath (sp?)=Protagonist from Infamous.

And Tails Doll because it's the freaking lurker rank. And you didn't get the joke. Master Chief=Spartan=THIS IS SPARTAAAA=300=[b]300 Posts.[/b].

Also, I'm refining the list as I'm typing this.
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 am

You still didn't get the original numbering. Ok let's just say you need to make exactly 53 ranks instead lol. Oh and we can just make the first rank 0-4 posts, not 0 posts, 1-4 posts, then 5 posts. Because that first rank will never be seen in normal posting...wait you started making them already? Maybe you should wait a while while we settle this out first.

First off, let's ask EVERYBODY who they would like as a character (Mario, Sonic, and Tabuu will already be a rank.)
Everyone list 20-25 Nintendo, 10 Sega, 20 Sony, 20 Microsoft, and 5 other characters you would like and PBJ and I will settle out the titles ;).

~bob
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PBJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am

Wow. I'm so stupid. I just realized the Lurker thing. Maybe we could make it 0-2 Posts.
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnMatt Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 am

lol. Sounds about right. I think the ranks are nice btw..

Just Tabuu seems to old.
CapnMatt
CapnMatt
Mega Gamer
Mega Gamer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am

Mr. PBJ wrote:Wow. I'm so stupid. I just realized the Lurker thing. Maybe we could make it 0-2 Posts.
Haha...ha...*cries* Seriously no! When I say no, I mean no 0-2 posts.

Ok we should wait to make them and ask the members what they think, you CAN however start on the staff ranks. You can use your ideas, oh and for Administrator, you can use Master Hand, and we will make Tabuu a higher regular rank. Sackboy can be a Graphic Designer, and Moderator can be Mario. Oh and don't forget the Banned rank, just put the character for that one as the Poison Mushroom from the Mario series like now, nothing else...unless you know something crapper than a Poison Mushroom.

I mean weren't YOU the one who wanted to ask the members in the first place?
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PBJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:39 am

Tingle is crappier than a Poison Mushroom. And okay. Lurker is 0-4 posts, then (right?)
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 am

No I prefer the Poison Mushroom thank you lol. No Tingle allowed!!! If you put Tingle in a rank I will kill you.
Good...but let's ask EVERYBODY if they would rather start off as "Beginner" ....or "Lurker".
I don't think new members want to be known as a pedobear when they first join.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:45 am

i got some chars suggetions however if you dont like it then fine. here is what i think:

daisy
wario
bowser
ike
lyn
meta knight
mewtwo or mew
dr mario
thats some of my suggetion. how you put those chars in order is up to bob
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am

kiruto wrote:i got some chars suggetions however if you dont like it then fine. here is what i think:

daisy
wario
bowser
ike
lyn
meta knight
mewtwo or mew
dr mario
thats some of my suggetion. how you put those chars in order is up to bob
I don't know that EXACT order. I did to also say list some Sega, Sony, Microsoft, and Other characters too. But those look usable. Might end up using Mewtwo because he has two in his name.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnMatt Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am

K. Here's the changes I want. You dont have to agree with me. But please bear with me.

Change "Cool" to another Pokemon like maybe Pikachu or Rachiu.
Change "Popular" to maybe Yoshi or a Toad or even Someone from Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy. Something about the prince just pisses me off!

Change "Famous" to someone else. Like Samus or Ryu from street fighter

And just a suggestion. Make a rank for 900 posts that says "Friendly" and put Coach from Left 4 Dead 2 or someone else if you want
CapnMatt
CapnMatt
Mega Gamer
Mega Gamer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 am

ok feel free to use which one you like. im only to give suggetion ^ ^
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 am

CapnMatt wrote:Change "Cool" to another Pokemon like maybe Pikachu or Rachiu.
Change "Popular" to maybe Yoshi or a Toad or even Someone from Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy. Something about the prince just pisses me off!

Change "Famous" to someone else. Like Samus or Ryu from street fighter

And just a suggestion. Make a rank for 900 posts that says "Friendly" and put Coach from Left 4 Dead 2 or someone else if you want
Cool- What about Pichu? Remeber I want weak characters for the lower ranks.
Popular- We could use Toad, Yoshi would be for another rank. Well it would depend where we put Popular at.
Famous- That could work you Street Fighter fan boy.

Friendly- Not 900 posts but we could use the Title.

Man this is going to take so much organization and planning. I'm going to have a busy summer haha.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 am

thats good. you cant sleep away all summer lol
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnMatt Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks for the support Bob.

And I like the idea for the title. btw.
It would mean the world to me if you used Ryu. Smile
<3
CapnMatt
CapnMatt
Mega Gamer
Mega Gamer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 pm

yeah. hadouken
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:17 pm

bob8972 wrote:
Fred wrote:I like how you drastically cut down the number of ranks, it makes things A LOT simpler. If bob doesn't like the names maybe he can at least use the idea of reducing the the total number.
Did you not read my post about not ever cutting down the number of posts for the ranks, and the limit for ranks?
I did read your post, but I'm still pushing for it! Maybe if I annoy you enough you'll change them Smile
Fred
Fred
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 pm

I never get annoyed Tim.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:21 pm

orly. sometimes you do
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next