Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review

Go down

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Empty Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review

Post by Code Seven Sat May 23, 2009 11:26 pm

a few months ago i stumbled upon a game called SMT: IMAGINE however due to my computers game defficancy i was unable to download said game 1 week ago i bought a new computer and i immediatly downloaded the game...i wasn't disappointed it had loads of features,demons,weapons,and other things. so this is my review

Story Plot: Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Logo_shin_megami_tensei_imagine Shin megami tensei takes place after an apocolyptic event involving demons. these demons attacked and killed many people in tokyo this however ended during "THE GREAT FLOOD" Which destroyed all the demons...a few years later the demons arised again people however have blamed the 3 towers from their comeback so then it has been named"Shinjuku Babel"Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Shinjuku_babel..since then humans called demon busters or DB's have arised to combat these demons. you play as a demon buster put into various jobs by your boss however your not a fully licensed demon buster and you have to earn the license.

Character Customization:
the character customization in this game is very unique here's a picture Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Imagineclient-2008-12-03-00-57-14-20 it's features are similiar to any character creation. you have the hair style the hair color,weapon,clothes,etc. overall if you've played a sims game then you know what i'm talking about.

Demon Mechanics,Fusion,Skills:

yes same as any traditional SMT game you get to recruit demons

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Smt_online_dungeon_entrance

as you can see on the lower left hand side of that picture you see a window with many pictures...thats the shortcut window simply push a key on your keyboard and you and/or your demon will attack.

now unto another way to make demons Fusion
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Megatenpurpledoor
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review 20081209_1054_48

your fusions will be handled by a minister in the cathedral of shadows however you can only carry 6...to my knowledge and the bad part is you can't summon from your demonic compendium which is 1 of many flaws in this game but still pretty awesome.

now your demons have a sort of friendship level that can be raised by doing 1 of the following:
1. using CARE every 20 hours
2.using a gift melon
3.leveling it up
4.summoning
5.success in negotiation of the same family type and or species

your friendship level will decrease if 1 of the following happens:
1.demon dies
2.killing of the same species as of the demons
3.mooch off of the demon
4.unseccessfull in demon crystalization

now these are the levels:

Wishes Death on_____
Looking to Betray _____
Used like a Slave by _____
Contracted to _____
Good Friends with _____
Trusting of _____
Open Hearts with _____
Linked by Fate with _____

as you can see levels higher than contracted to ____ like good friends with ____ gives your demons stat bonuses
however levels lower than that gives stat penalties on that demon.

Gameplay different classes:

ok there are different classes in this game.

1.Gunner:
Gunners focus more on long range attacks rather than rushing into battle, they are more strategic than melee and magic however players claim that starting out as gunners are better than melee and magic whilst gunners just have switch to counter and shooting. you do not have unlimited ammunition and therefore you must buy them. however recharge is one of the flaws in this class

2. Melee:
Players who choose melee should focus more on strength rather than magic. they are more into basically rushing forward in battle now that is not necessarilly a bad thing but you have to take in mind that if you go in all out your leaving out support magic and curative magic which is a must.

3.Magic:
Ok magic is what it is casting spells onto enemies. however this does require an amount of Mp so be careful when using magic there are 3 types of magic:

Destruction
Curative
Support

Destruction magic is spells like AGI(FIRE) BUFU(ICE) ZIO(ELECTRIC) ZAN(WIND) HAMA(LIGHT) MUDO(DARK) MEGIDO(NON-ELEMENTAL SPELLS)

Curative Magic is what it is magic that cures

Support magic is when you add stat bonuses such as attack bonus,defense bonuses,speed bonuses etc.

players who prefer to attack weaknesses of demons should focus on defense,mp,and speed. also some others but i'm too lazy right now.

so your class preference is all up to you.

Misc.

aside from this you can also form a "PARTY" with people

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Megaten

a party is useful against a powerful boss like this
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review 20081230_09

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review BossMonster-Girimehkala
anyways they are useful for going through a dungeon,boss, or any other quest you might need.

So i've explained pretty much the basics of this you will learn more about attacking as you progress through it and this is the final scoreboard:

Gameplay:10
Story:10
Music:9.5
Graphics:10
Controls:10

so overall this is the score: 9.5it isn't one of the BEST smt game i've played but still you wanna know the best part about this Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review Free_sign i'm not joking a game this good thats free sounds pretty good to me.

Alright that pretty much concludes this.

~Francis

P.S in this game you can choose alignments

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine Review 20090112113308vm6
Code Seven
Code Seven
Fantastic
Fantastic

Male
Job/Hobbies : Video Games,some other random stuff
Mood : Camping
Name : Francis C.
Other Site : https://www.youtube.com/user/Francis77727